A TĀTOU KAUPAPA - Our PRojects
Kaituna Cultural and Historical Heritage Project
This project is focused on recognising and showcasing the cultural and historical heritage associated with the Kaituna River.
This may be delivered as:
- Interpretation elements e.g. pou, information boards, artwork.
- Additional taunga waka (waka landing).
- Identification of areas of cultural and/or historical significance to showcase or celebrate.
- Identification of culturally sensitive areas where public access should be restricted.
- Establishment of a cultural and environmental education centre at Te Pourepo o Kaituna.
In the first instance, an interpretation plan will be developed to ensure that the right elements will be placed in the right places, for the right reasons. Te Maru o Kaituna will lead this project, which will help to connect communities and visitors to our river and to our projects.
Planned deliverables include:
Interpretation plan completed and implementation underway by 30 June 2022.
Cultural and environmental education centre established at Te Pourepo o Kaituna by 30 June 2028.